Monday, June 10, 2013

Living by the 80-20 rule.

Been awhile since I have posted.

I recently got into a conversation on how I follow the Paleo/Primal diet.  The only way I have found time to eat the way I want to in order to lose the weight/live in a better manner is to follow an 80/20 rule.  This doesn't mean that 80% of the time I follow 20% of the diet.  Rather, it means that I am trying my best to follow the diet of high protein, vegetables, and no white starchy carbs (processed or otherwise) 80% of the time.  I am doing this because I don't want to lose the enzymes that my body already produces to handle the occasional potato, piece of bread, or some rice here and there.

There have been weeks that setting up the meal schedule has been near to impossible to keep up with and z finding time to make the trips to the grocery store is near impossible.  However, I have been able to sneak in time to make meals and snacks to help along the way.  

This has led to the following 80/20 rule and how it makes my life a bit easier.  Most diets will call for a cheat day or to heed the cravings to keep yourself sane. The rule that it is completely acceptable to out on an "All you can eat buffet" or tackling an entire container of ice cream.  But stopping by for a higher caloric meal here and there when you are burning off those extra items working out is perfectly fine.  Note:  eating denser calorie foods that a healthy is still the way to go.  There is a major difference between a double whopper with fries and a salmon steak with grilled vegetables or a few tablespoons of peanut butter, use your judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment